Saturday 20 July 2013

Notre Tour de France #1 (15 mi)

It's approximately 05:19 in the morning of our departure and I think I'm a little too tired to be excited. I'm in that phase where, having just woken up, things are a little out of focus and I can't think straight. I'm pretty sure Dire Straits is playing in the background and that WE LEAVE FOR FRANCE TODAY! I'm awake enough to know I'm excited. Now, where's the coffee?

As we departed the house and made our journey over to Wakefield to catch the coach, I wanted to say something profound to mark the beginning of our trip. As it turns out, I couldn't think of anything more than "have you remembered your phone?". Words of wisdom right there...

The coach journey itself was as nondescript as you might expect. Oceans of monotony outside, and plagues of severe bum ache inside. As for the ferry, the only excitement presented itself in the form of a lost debit card.  After purchasing and eating a meal on board (daylight robbery as I'm sure you already know), the trays were cleared away by a member of staff. Ten minutes later I realised my debit card was still sat on the tray, though just as I was preparing to ring the bank, the card was found after what I'm sure was a fair amount of ransacking of the bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment